Friday, May 13, 2022

Scarlett’s Words to Live By

Scarlett, Queen of the Cat Empire, has deigned to teach me her magical secrets of success. Those of her kind frequently reiterate them. She whispers them in my ear. Just listen:

“Now is a good time to nap.”


“Nap now, not later.”


“Long naps are the answer to peace and tranquility.”


“Aren’t you feeling nappish?”


“If you wake up, you can always look forward to a nap.”


Scarlett says, “This is how those of my kind have ruled since we came upon those of your kind.”


According to Scarlett, this is my retirement plan. She doesn’t care about 401Ks, pension plans, Medicare, or social security. (She might if she was paying the bills.) As for me, I’m so tired that if you plugged me in as a 250 watt lightbulb I’d have the brightness of a 30 watt bulb. Maybe Scarlett has something here. After all, those of great royalty should know.


Joceile


5.12.22


[Picture of Scarlett, a cream colored long haired cat with tabby markings on her head, laying on a blue comforter. Her blue eyes are half open with undisguised wisdom.]


No comments:

Post a Comment