Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Father's Day

And what of Father's Day?  Of that, I have no memory. But, my father would have opted to be left alone unbothered by those that loved him. That would give him pleasure.  For him to be a father was a burden or conversely it was to be a king that ordered his subjects to do his bidding no matter how distasteful. That was my father.  I don't celebrate Father's Day. 

I admire those men who bring their best selves to being a father.  I know of them and respect them.  My father was not one of them.  I don't miss someone who had no capacity for real love who figured so prominently in my troubles.  He's no longer on this earth.  The earth is better for this. 

If you are a father, please take to heart that your actions and your words matter. They have long lasting affects. Don't take this power for granted.  You have been given a great gift in your children.  Don't waste it.  Don't abuse it.  For it is difficult to make things right once you have made them so wrong. 

L'Chaim. 

Joceile 

6.13.17

No comments:

Post a Comment